Brush, Paint and Canvas
Make a decision today to place your intuitive
vision upon canvas. This deeply meditative experience will
have profound healing properties upon your spirit and physical
body. Technical artistic skill is not essential to the process.
You simply need to trust your own heart and begin to paint.
When you pick up a brush and hold it in your
fingers, you will at first feel a combination of emotions.
You might experience excitement, anticipation and thrill combined
with the fear of judging yourself and abilities. As emotions
emerge, spend a few moments with each emotion. Listen to your
body. Examine how your body physically feels. Then, put your
brush, paint and canvas to work as you dip into the hues of
your intuition. Allow your hand to guide you and you will
find your own correct use of color and artistic style.
Begin to fill your canvas with paint. Allow
your brush to glide through the wet mixture as if your own
body were present upon the canvas. Close your eyes if you
find yourself feeling restrained. And, have fun.
As you practice this procedure, you will find
your self walking toward a spectrum of sensations. Be present
with each thought, memory and dream that drifts into your
spirit. Intuitive insights will be the payoff.
As an intuitive and artist, I use the creation
of art as a tool to heal and enhance my own being. And, as
a spiritual and inspiration teacher and guide, I ask all of
my students to paint on a regular basis. The end product is
not the function of the artistic process. The process is the
purpose of the process, just as a life well lived is the purpose
of a well lived life.
During my own evolution as an artist and spiritual
teacher, the artistic process became the avenue of which intuitive
and spiritual guides spoke with me. And today, the very same
guides reach out to those who view and purchase my artwork.
They speak through color, image and mood. They share emotions
and pleasure as they inspire more and more individuals to
find joy in life.
I encourage the use of the simple tools of brush, canvas and
paint to be used as a vehicle of personal healing and spiritual
development. Through such effortless work intrinsic attributes
will flourish and new curing sensations will emerge and healing
How Do I Start?
1. Purchase inexpensive materials including
paint brushes of different sizes, canvases ranging from 2
to 4 foot in size, and acrylic paint.
2. Prepare a comfortable and private work environment.
3. Dress as if you don’t care who sees you.
4. Place lovely music while you work.
5. Find paper towels and clean water for clean up.
6. Dim any artificial light.
7. Dip brushes in paint and begin to slosh, slide, dab and
stroke your canvas.
8. Allow your arm to relax and be free to move in big or small
9. Mix colors and watch for results.
10. Work while it is fun.
11. Stop working when you want to stop.
12. Clean up your work area.
13. Allow your paint to dry.
14. Spend time looking at your art.
15. Pretend you are peering into clouds.
16. Look for images.
17. Begin again when you feel ready.
18. Using your paint and brush, attempt to place upon your
canvas the images you see.
19. Like a good shampoo, repeat as needed.